Yorktown Server Access
For grading purposes your ASP.NET code needs to be located on the Yorktown server.
Each MIS 324 student will be provided with an account on Yorktown. The server is
accessible both on- and off-campus is via network Drive mapping. Off-campus access
also requires the use of VPN (virtual private network) for secure access to WWU's
Map Network Drive to Yorktown:
- VPN: (needed off-campus) Go to
https://securevpn.wwu.edu . The first time you open this link it will install
a VPN client on your PC or Mac. Prefix your WWU username with "wwu/" (e.g.
Username: wwu/YourUserName) when logging into the campus network. Login with your
WWU username and password.
If you have problems installing the VPN please use Jon Junell's
no-fail VPN installation instructions.
- Network drive Follow ATUS instructions for Mapping Network Drives. The folder address
You will see a single folder with your username prefixed with a quarter code, something like
"124YourUserName." This is the root folder for your web pages. Any
files that you place inside this folder will be publically accessible via the Web.
Copy files to Yorktown:
- Click the "copy" icon in Visual Web Developer or Visual Studio (see Figure
on right). This option is also available in the "WebSite" menu.
- A new tab will open. Click the "Connect" button, select "File System,"
and locate the Network drive that you created in the previous step.
- Click the arrow next to the Students folder and you should see a single folder
with your ID. This is your application root folder. It should correspond with the
root folder of your VWD application.
- Select the folder and click the "Open" button.
- In MIS 324 you will create only one web site application in VWD. This will correspond
to your application folder on the server.
- The "copy web site" interface is shown in the screenshot below. Note
how the files on the server and the local machine work are synchronized.