Yorktown Server Access
For grading purposes your ASP.NET code needs to be located on the Yorktown server.
Each MIS 324 student will be provided with an account on Yorktown. The server is
accessible both on- and off-campus is via network Drive mapping. Off-campus access
also requires the use of VPN (virtual private network) for secure access to WWU's
Map Network Drive to Yorktown:
- VPN: (needed off-campus) Go to
https://securevpn.wwu.edu . The first time you open this link it will install
a VPN client on your PC or Mac. Prefix your WWU username with "wwu\" (e.g.
Username: wwu\YourUserName) when logging into the campus network. Login with your
WWU username and password.
- Network drive
A network drive connects your computer to
the Yorktown web server. Follow
ATUS instructions for Mapping Network Drives.
The folder address for Windows users is:
For Mac users:
is a three digit number. The first two digits are the year (ie. 16 for 2016) and the third
is the quarter (1=winter, 2=spring, 3=summer, 4=fall). For instance,
if the quarter is fall 2016
you would enter:
If asked for a login, prefix your username with "wwu\" (eg. wwu\username).
Once connected will see a single folder with your WWU user ID.
This is the root folder for your web pages. Any files that
you place inside this folder will be publically accessible via the Web.
Copy files to Yorktown:
- To copy files from Visual Studio to Yorktown right-click on your project root folder
in Solution Explorer and select "Copy Web Site" as shown in the image to the right.
- A new tab will open. Click the "Connect" button, select "File System,"
and locate the Network drive that you created in the previous step.
- Navigate to your root folder.
- Select the folder and click the "Open" button.
- In MIS 324 you will create only one web site application in VWD. This will correspond
to your application folder on the server.
- The "copy web site" interface is shown in the screenshot below. Note
how the files on the server and the local machine work are synchronized.